It's been a big year with a few big changes, and 2014 looks to be another big one. Arsenal are top of the league at New Year's so I guess I can be really happy at that. 😀
Here's the highlights of this year's blog posts:
- New Year, New USB Drive: First new tech of the year, and a good history of USB drives that I have owned.
- Why Football Will Never (properly) Take Off in Australia: First rant of the year, on the state of football in Australia. Since then, it has been good to see SBS showing a live A-League game on Friday nights.
- Office 2013 & The Last Day of My 20s: Pining over the last few days of my 20s, and a neat review on the look of Office 2013.
- Display and Graphics Updates: New graphics cards are always a highlight. 🙂
- The End of My Affinity for Google: Reader to be Shut Down: A pivotal event in how I think of Google, and Feedly has been more than a worthy replacement.
- The End of Eras: LucasArts & MSN Messenger: Another sad studio closure, and 90s reminiscing.
- Bioshock Infinite: Wow: One of the gaming highlights of the year.
- External HDD Encryption: Starting to use encryption on my portable hard drive.
- Feedly is My Choice as a Replacement for Google Reader: Moving on from Google Reader. Well done to Feedly.
- Getting Into Podcasts: Jumping on the podcast train whilst on the train. 😉
- My Rekindled Love of Lego: Getting back into Lego.
- Why Haven’t You Turned on 2-Step Verification?: A good rant on why I (and you should too) turned on 2-Step verification.
- Tomb Raider: A Fantastic Reboot: The other big gaming highlight of the year for me.
- Building the Executor: Of course the tech highlight of the year. 😀
- Windows 8.1 Thoughts: My opinion on Windows 8.1.
- New Mobile: Google/LG Nexus 5: New phone! Plus a retweet from Optus. 🙂
- Getting the Joystick Out for BF4: This post is currently driving a lot of traffic to the site, and it's a highlight for other reasons too.
- Symphony of Legends: One of the more enjoyable social outings of the year. Classical music + video games = WIN.
- A Retrospective of the Now-Previous Gaming Generation: A nice look back on the previous gaming generation.
- The Best and Worst of 2013: My annual critical review.
Go for 2014!