Finally, about three months after i've completed the main design work on it, the Bribie Island website that I've designed, implemented, and hosted is finally live on the internet.
Have a look at http://GOBribieIsland.org.
To be honest, i'm quite happy with the design. I think it conveys the right ambience for what the site is for, as well as it being totally 100% valid XHTML and CSS.
Let me know what you think of it!
In testing the websites I develop, I always make sure at least the main look of it is functional across a number of web-browsers. The ones I definitely make sure to test are Firefox (of course ;)) as well as Internet Explorer 6 and 7. If I have time, i also like to test on Opera and also Safari.
Now that our main home computer is running Vista, it means that I am now unable to test Internet Explorer 6 (because Vista only runs IE7). Here is another situation for virtual machines to shine: to solve the IE6 testing issue i've set up a Windows XP SP2 virtual machine specifically for testing websites with IE6.
Work-wise, this is the last week of work before I take a week's break next week. I can't wait, i'm really looking forward to the time off.