For a lot of people, 2016 has been a pretty crappy year for a number of reasons: politics, celebrities dying, terrible flops of movies, etc.. 2016 has actually been pretty good to me for a number of reasons, but it has also been pretty crap for one very big reason: my health.
This year has been my roughest year health-wise since I was diagnosed with PSC in 2010. In February, it saw me experience my first serious liver infection, and following a hospital stay and some extended time off work, for the rest of the year I have been riding the rollercoaster day-by-day. Some days have been great, others terrible.
Nevertheless, I look forward to a healthier 2017.
Here are my highlights of my blog posts for the year, keeping in mind that illness has prevented me from blogging as much as I would have liked.
- New Mobile: Sony Xperia Z5: A new phone is always a highlight, as is the page detailing my phone history!
- Fake Tree Trout Through a Wall Frame: Seeing my first baseball game in Brisbane.
- Rough Few Months: My health issues for the first part of the year.
- Modding Rey’s Speeder: My first decent Lego mod, with pictures!
- Vale NoSquint: Normally, something like this wouldn't be a highlight. But because NoSquint has been such a central part of my internet browsing experience for over 10 years, it's worth including.
- Now Secure! Enabling Let’s Encrypt HTTPS: A big milestone in the ~15 year history of this site!
- Open-Sourcing My .bashrc File on GitHub: I've started to use git (and GitHub) quite a bit this year. Open sourcing my overly complex .bashrc file was a big deal for me.
- PC Build History: Following on from the phone history page, I also did a PC history one.
- Talking at the UQ Engineering + Technology Careers Evening: A nervous and rewarding evening.
- Monitor Colour Problems Over HDMI: Something that took me a while to figure out, and is definitely bookmarked for future reference.
- Graphics Update & Battlefield 1: A new graphics card is always a geek highlight. Which reminds me, I need to update the PC build history page with this...