For me, 2017 continued in mostly the same way as 2016 did. Although I stayed out of hospital, my health has still been a day-by-day thing. Probably the biggest moment in that journey this year was the doctors telling me that a liver transplant is now a matter of 'when' not 'if'. I'm still not on the list yet, but it's now just a matter of time.
On a more cheery note, I have otherwise enjoyed this year. Although I haven't blogged much (probably my leanest on record!), below are the highlights of my blog posts in 2017.
- Building Tetrarch: New computer highlight! Although, I was a bit annoyed that Fractal Design released a tempered glass version of the Define C a few months later
- Mass Effect: Andromeda: Decent rant on one of the gaming disappointments of the year. Not a bad game by any means, but definitely not the standard we all expect from Mass Effect.
- MusicBee: Finally Opting Out of iTunes: I took great pleasure in uninstalling iTunes. Other than principles, it also remains another huge reason to never consider using an iPhone ;).
- Logging Solar Inverter Output with a Raspberry Pi: My biggest home hack of the year, I was also happy to contribute what I learned (including the code) back to the community. Open source FTW!
- Switch-ing Things Up: After being very critical of it when it was first announced, I have fully bought into the Switch! I'm looking forward to the next round of games, especially the Yoshi one!
- Mario Odyssey: Unpopular Opinion: A good rant attempting to counter the 'perfect' critical acclaim the game was getting. I still immensely enjoyed it.